Saturday, October 17, 2009

Mommy and Me Day






September 28th was the last really nice day of summer, so I decided to take Drew to the zoo. We had lunch in the park, went to the zoo, I even bought him a silly orange monkey that hangs from your neck, and we got ice cream on the way home. When I first told Drew we were doing something really fun, he said, "Are we going to the bank?" I laughed but realized time goes by so fast I rarely take the time to enjoy the day with him. We did everything he wanted to do and practically ran from animal to animal. We played on the slide and I let him go down over and over, even though I was ready to move on. It was a wonderful Mommy and Drew day and it makes me realize sometimes you need to stop running all your errands and spend time like a kid does, even if you feel your wasting your day going down the giraffe slide 20 times. There will always be time to go to the bank another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment