Sunday, January 10, 2010

Swollen fingers, feet, and ankles! 28 weeks and counting

Who said pregnancy is a beautiful thing? Everything on my body is retaining water, possibly even my fingernails. Ugh! In the home stretch...
My friend, Aubrey, is being induced in a few days and I can't help but wish to trade her places. Or better yet the moms that never seemed to even show until they are practically due. I think I've been showing since 8 weeks. :) I carried Drew the exact same way, all out front. He sits so low that I feel I'm waddling and squeezing him in by the end of the day just so he doesn't fall out. The 8 hour days at work are really taking a toll on me and I have cut back to 5-7 hours at max. I finally feel pretty good since morning sickness has almost subsided besides the occasional teeth brushing or Mexican food I just HAD TO HAVE, then immediately regretted. Tuesdays are generally my longest day at work and I come home every Tuesday and put my feet up. I swear a few weeks ago, my ankles were the same size as my calves! Mike is super supportive and tells me how sexy I am and that my fat swollen kankles are "cute." Uh, ya, he has to say that. I'm pretty sure everything below my waist is covered in cellulite, although I can't see it, so maybe I can pretend its not there.

Let me just vent for a minute...
Why is it (especially) elderly women think its okay to ask "How much weight have you put on?" or "Is your doctor concerned about your weight?" I'm pretty sure its not appropriate for anyone to ask a fat person that. Why when you're emotional, fat, and pregnant do people think you can!?
For that matter, I am really getting tired of the, "Oh, you look like you could have that baby any day?" or "When are you due again?" with raised eyebrows. Hello retards, I'm having a baby, what the hell is your excuse for carrying around your extra weight. I'd really like to tell some people off and try to bite my tongue when I'm compared to any other pregnant woman, saying, "Oh she's only _____ weeks!" Ummm...pretty sure all women are different and everyone carries babies differently and no matter what in a couple months I will be having a significant weight loss plan, so when I lose 20-30 lbs suddenly and you're still staring at your fat ass in the mirror, guess who will be laughing now!

Almost 30 weeks and still a nameless boy...

We still haven't completely decided on a name and now I'm beginning to believe we'll have to see him to decide. We love Camden Micah or Bentley Micah, but my family said they know a dog, door company, and car named Bentley. Mike's reply was, "Yes, but Bentley is an expensive car, not like a Geo Metro." I did hear another lady in the salon say she just got a dog named Bentley, but my parents have a dog named Bailey and there are still lots of little girls named that. Or our friend's parents have a dog named Mandy & Drew thinks that is hilarious that she has my name, too. So the search continues...We're still open for suggestions and I am the one to write out the birth certificate. I may just name him Landon and Mike will have to live with him being called "Lando Commando."

3 comments:

  1. I love the name Camden, I think thats adorable and the best name out of the three! Mandi, ignore the dumb bitches and stay positive, they're just jealous because there too damn ugly and there husbands wont even touch them anymore. :) I Love You Lots
    Brittany

    ReplyDelete
  2. I PUT ON AN ASS LOAD OF WEIGHT WHEN I WAS PREGNANT WITH QUEN. DONT LISTEN TO THOSE STUPID PEOPLE! THEY ARE JUST FAT AND UNHAPPY. THE NAME CAMDEN IS VERY CUTE, I LOVE IT. LANDON IS A VERY POPULAR NAME NOW, I KNOW 4 PEOPLE THAT HAVE NAMED THEIR BOYS THAT. ACTUALLY, THATS WHAT WE WANTED TO NAME QUEN. GIVE ME A CALL IF YOU NEED TO TALK. YOU HAVE A HUMAN BEING GROWING INSIDE YOU, YOURE NOT GOING TO LOOK LIKE YOURE IN A SIZE 2!LOVE YOU & YOU LOOK GREAT! XO AMBER

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Mandi, Amanda Burgess took our family photos before Thanksgiving and told me you were going to have a baby. Congrats! And as for the rude comments that people say to pregnant women, I got my far share too when I was prego. One lady I worked with told me she could really tell I was started to put on the baby weight and how my face looked a lot plumper. Mind you, I was in the first trimester at that point! I wanted to ask what her excuse was for having a double chin. Seriously people are crazy. Anyway good luck choosing a name and for the record I love Bentley :)

    ReplyDelete